Boosting Reading@Primary (BR@P)
Monday, 10 May 2021 - Monday, 24 May 2021 09:00 -11:30
Monday 10th May – 9am to 11.30am – Part 1
Monday 17th May – 9am to 11.30am – Part 2
Monday 24th May – 9am to 11.30am – Part 3
A three half-day professional development online course to equip practitioners to implement a one-to-one intervention to raise attainment in reading, as well as developing a skill base to support pupils’ general reading development from Y1 to Y6
‘Boosting Reading@Primary’ is a 10 week highly structured and evidence based one-to-one intervention programme for Y1 to Y6 pupils reading just below the expected standard for their age.
Target Audience: English Subject Leaders, Reading Leads, SENCOs, Teachers and TAs
(It is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment within your school)
Trainers: Jan Owens & Leah Freeman (EY2P Associates)
This course will address:
- Understanding of the teaching of reading and how pupils learn to read
- Supporting pupils to become skilled independent problem-solvers drawing on a range of reading strategies
- The use of key teaching prompts to support the application of effective reading skills
- Development of comprehension and vocabulary
- How to implement a clear lesson structure to raise attainment in reading
- The use of high-quality formative assessment, observation and effective analysis of pupils’ reading to inform next steps in learning and precision teaching.
Contact: Hayley Wynne firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07935 352639
£150 + VAT per delegate with BRP booklet
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.