Forest School Taster
Warrington WA2 9HY
Part 1: Monday 7th November, 12.30pm – 3.30pm Registration: 12.15pm (only 12 places available)
Part 2: Wednesday 16th or Thursday 17th November, 12.30pm – 3.30pm (only 6 places available per session) NB: Please indicate some where on the booking form which of these dates you would prefer.
This course will provide:
- An outline of the key principles of Forest School teaching and learning and an opportunity to observe them in practice
- An overview of the benefits of Forest School provision, including the impact on children’s learning
- Quality time in the forest, as an adult, to develop an understanding of: establishing an appropriate learning space, identification and management of risk; snack time around the fire; den building; using a range of tools; and exploring a variety of suitable resources and activities
- An opportunity to observe a group of children and practitioners within Forest School routines
- An explanation of the training requirements to become a Forest School Leader
- Opportunities to ask questions
- Support to identify next steps towards Forest School provision
NB: Please be aware that these are ‘taster sessions’ only and they do not provide Forest School Leader accredited training. For more information on accredited training, please see www.forestschoolassociation.org
Target audience: SLT, EYFS Leaders and EYFS practitioners
Trainer: Emma Hall (Accredited Forest School Leader, Sandy Lane Nursery & Forest School)
Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com or 07850 452626
£150 + VAT per delegate.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.