Head & Literacy Leadership Briefing – Reading & Ofsted 2012
This briefing aims to address:
- Key national priorities: “To what extent does the headteacher engage herself or himself in provision for reading?” and “What steps are leaders and managers taking to ensure consistency in the teaching of reading?” (‘Getting Them Ready Early’, Ofsted, p.26)
- Update on current national priorities for reading in the context of the Ofsted Inspection Framework 2012
- Implications for school practice and provision in relation to:
- Standards and expectations in EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Developing whole school systematic and consistent approaches to the teaching of reading
- Narrowing the attainment gap for all pupil groups
- The wider reading curriculum and reading culture within the school
- Promoting and developing reading at home.
For further details, see our Universal Training page or contact our trainers:
- Jan Owens: 07825 738 486
- Ruth Levy: 07850 452 626
Cost: The total cost is £55 plus VAT per delegate or £100 for 2 delegates
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.