Improving Reading Standards in EYFS & KS1
Friday, 22 January 2021 09:00 -12:00
Repeated course due to popular demand
- To examine reading in the context of Ofsted Education Inspection Framework
- To revisit reading expectations, EYFS and KS1
- To provide an overview of an effective reading curriculum
- To develop an understanding of the key skills required to become a fluent reader
- To explore a range of practical strategies to teach and develop pupils’ concepts about print, word recognition and comprehension skills
- To outline good practice in shared, guided, independent and home reading
- To promote reading for pleasure
NB: This course contains some of the materials shared in our original Guided Reading course. Please contact us for more information if required.
Here are some testimonials from delegates who have recently attended our online training:
- Thank you I feel really inspired after the training and can’t wait to plan for my own class.
- Really useful to get the overview across EYFS to Year 2 – and resources to share with all ages.
- Very good session. I now feel confident to go back and deliver guided reading sessions more effectively and can’t wait to share all the info with the other staff.
- Very useful ideas and materials to take back to school/easy to implement.
- The materials you’ve sent are amazing, thank you so much!
Trainers: Hayley Wynne and Ruth Levy.
Cost: £90 + VAT per delegate.
Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com or 07850 452626
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.