Improving Reading Standards in EYFS & KS1
Tuesday, 19 October 2021 13:00 -16:00
Repeated course due to popular demand
This course will:
- Examine reading in the context of Ofsted Education Inspection Framework 2021
- Revisit reading expectations, EYFS and KS1 – including the new EYFS Framework
- Provide an overview of an effective reading curriculum
- Develop an understanding of the key skills required to become a fluent reader
- Explore a range of practical strategies to teach, develop and accelerate pupils’ concepts about print, word recognition and comprehension skills
- Support the acceleration of reading progress through the development of effective reading strategies and item knowledge, within meaningful contexts, to ensure children become good readers
- Outline good practice in shared, guided, independent and home reading
- Promote reading for pleasure
Audience: EYFS and KS1 practitioners, teachers and teaching assistants; English Leads
Here are some testimonials from delegates who have recently attended our online training:
- Thank you I feel really inspired after the training and can’t wait to plan for my own class.
- Really useful to get the overview across EYFS to Year 2 – and resources to share with all ages.
- Very good session. I now feel confident to go back and deliver guided reading sessions more effectively and can’t wait to share all the info with the other staff.
- Very useful ideas and materials to take back to school/easy to implement.
- The materials you’ve sent are amazing, thank you so much!
Trainers: Hayley Wynne and Ruth Levy.
Cost: £90 + VAT per delegate.
Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com or 07850 452626
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.