Progression in Year 1 Writing
Tuesday, 15 January 2019 09:30 -15:30
The Britannia Country House Hotel
A one day course to support Year 1 practitioners to raise pupil attainment in writing
Trainers: Hayley Wynne and Ruth Levy.
This course will address:
- Writing requirements and expectations within the English National Curriculum
- Long term planning for writing in Year 1, term by term
- An overview of the teaching of writing, including shared, guided and independent writing
- Teaching of writing through quality texts within an effective ‘Teaching Sequence for Writing’ (including the application of phonics, spelling and grammar)
- The use of assessment to inform precision learning
- Planning to address accelerated progress towards ‘diminishing the difference’ in pupil attainment
All delegates will receive a set of planning for three new texts, demonstrating progression in writing skills across Year 1
Target audience: KS1/English Leaders, Year 1 teachers
Cost: £150 + VAT per delegate
Contact: Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com OR 07850 452626
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.