Raising Attainment in KS2 and KS3 Reading: ‘Inference Training’
Thursday, 10 October 2013 09:30 -15:30
Statham Lodge Country House Hotel
This course aims to address:
- Raising attainment in reading for KS2 and KS3 pupils who have age appropriate decoding skills but who are experiencing difficulty acquiring full meaning and enjoyment from their reading
- Key characteristics of reading comprehension
- Explicit identification of individual pupil difficulties in comprehending texts
- How to deliver a structured approach to the teaching of inference intervention sessions
- Applying key principles of the inference intervention to quality first teaching within the classroom context
- How to evaluate impact on data and effectiveness
Trainer: Jan Owens
- 1 teacher delegate: £110 + VAT
- 2 delegate places: i.e. 1 teacher and 1 TA: £175 + VAT
- 3 delegate places: i.e. 1 teacher and 2 TAs: £225 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 resource file per school. If additional files are required, they will be charged at £25 + VAT per extra file.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.