Raising Attainment in KS2 and KS3 Reading: ‘Inference Training’
Conference Centre, Nell Lane
One day course to support teachers and teaching assistants to raise attainment in reading both within the classroom setting and through use of intervention.
Registration at 8:45am
This course aims to address:
- Raising attainment in reading for KS2 and KS3 pupils who have age appropriate decoding skills but who are experiencing difficulty acquiring full meaning and enjoyment from their reading
- Key characteristics of reading comprehension
- Explicit identification of individual pupil difficulties in comprehending texts
- How to deliver a structured approach to the teaching of inference intervention sessions
- Applying key principles of the inference intervention to quality first teaching within the classroom context
- How to evaluate impact on data and effectiveness
Trainer: Jan Owens
- £110 + VAT per delegate
- 2 delegate places: £200 + VAT
- 3 delegate places: £270 + VAT
Additional cost of £25 + VAT per school for 1 resource file.
(If additional files required please contact Jan Owens by email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please contact us if you would like to go on a waiting list for this course.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.