Raising Attainment in Reading Comprehension: ‘Inference Training’
Repeat course due to popular demand
Part 1: Monday 4th October, 9am-12pm
Part 2: Monday 11th October, 9am-12pm
Registration at 8.45am
A two half-day professional development online course to equip practitioners to implement a group intervention to raise attainment in inferential comprehension, as well as applying the key intervention principles and strategies in the classroom context.
‘Inference Training’ is a research-based group intervention for KS2 and KS3 pupils with a focus on teaching reading comprehension delivered by teachers or teaching assistants. This intervention programme supports accelerated pupil progress by an average of 12 months progress in comprehension over a period of 10 weeks.
(It is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment within your school)
Target audience: English Subject Leaders, Reading Leads, SENCOs, Teachers and TAs
Trainer: Jan Owens & Leah Freeman (EY2P Associates)
This course will address:
- Raising attainment in reading for KS2 and KS3 pupils who have age appropriate decoding skills but who are experiencing difficulty acquiring full meaning and enjoyment from their reading
- Key characteristics of reading comprehension
- Explicit identification of individual pupil difficulties in comprehending texts
- How to deliver a structured approach to the teaching of Inference Intervention sessions
- Applying key principles of ‘Inference Training’ Intervention to quality first teaching in the classroom context
- How to evaluate impact on data and effectiveness on pupil attainment and progress
Contact: Hayley Wynne – email@example.com OR 07935 352639
- 1 delegate with A4 lever arch file: £210 + VAT
- 2 delegates sharing A4 lever arch file: £330 + VAT
- 3 delegates sharing A4 lever arch file: £450 + VAT
Additional files are available at an additional cost. Please contact us for details – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.