Reception: Accelerating Progress in Literacy in the Summer Term
Registration at 12.45pm
The course will :
- Share key messages on the effective implementation of a ‘Daily Five Workshop’, including: □ Guided Read □ Follow up guided reading activities □ Gross / fine motor development □ Phonics activities □ High frequency word games
- Provide an outline of a modified guided reading lesson to support lower attainers
- Focus on the precision teaching of writing: Effective strategies to accelerate progress … □ oral rehearsal of a sentence □ concepts about print □ application of phonics and high frequency words □ caption / sentence writing
- Share a range of engaging activities to develop writing through school/home learning, including purposeful real life writing opportunities with a focus on audience and form
- Provide additional guidance on handwriting intervention, including home learning cards
- Share materials to support the development of phase 2 / 3 phonics through home learning
- Facilitate networking opportunities for delegates to share good practice
Target Audience: Reception practitioners
Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com OR 07850 452626
Single ticket – £90 + VAT per delegate
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.