Role of the Adult in EYFS: Developing CL & Literacy Skills within Child- Initiated Learning
A half day course to support practitioners to improve CL and Literacy outcomes
The aims of this course:
- To provide an overview of CL and Literacy expectations across EYFS, identifying key skills and knowledge
- To share key messages on creating a literate learning environment – what does this mean in practice?
- To share successful strategies to facilitate a smooth and focused transition from adult-led activities into purposeful child-initiated learning
- To secure clearly defined practitioner roles within child-initiated learning
- To explore key strategies to extend child-initiated learning across CL and Literacy – observing, modelling, scaffolding and celebrating key skills within learning
- To record significant CL and Literacy observations to identify next steps in learning
Training approaches: videos and recorded observations of child-initiated learning will be used to promote discussion and support deeper levels of practitioner involvement
Target audience: Practitioners (Teachers and TAs) new or returning to the EYFS
Cost: £95 + VAT per delegate.
Contact: Hayley Wynne – firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – email@example.com OR 07850 452626
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.