Spelling in Y1 to Y6
Registration at 12.45pm
A half day course to support the effective teaching of spelling within the context of the new 2014 English National Curriculum.
This course will address:
- Teaching spelling within the 2014 English National Curriculum
- A brief overview of subject knowledge of the English spelling system
- A suggested model for the teaching sequence for spelling
- How to equip pupils to develop their own strategies for learning to spell
- Supporting pupils’ application of phonics and spelling in the context of reading and writing
- Effective strategies to support home learning
Target audience: Literacy leaders, KS1 and KS2 teachers
Single ticket – £75 + VAT per delegate
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.