Wave 3 Fischer Family Trust Intervention Programme
REPEATED DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND
A three day course to support raising pupil attainment in early reading and writing
Wave 3 FFT is a 10-20 week highly structured intervention programme delivered by Teaching Assistants to raise attainment in early reading and writing. It is aimed at Y1 & 2 pupils to ensure pupils are on track to achieve attainment of age related expectations in both reading and writing. It can also be used effectively with targeted pupils in Y3 and 4 to support accelerated progress to narrow the gap towards attaining age related expectations.
Target audience: English Subject Leaders, SENCOs, KS1/2 teachers & TAs
(It is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment)
The three day course will address:
- Developing a deeper understanding of the learning needs of pupils who experience literacy difficulties
- Supporting practitioners in effective observation with an emphasis on analysing pupil strengths and gaps in learning
- Implementation and analysis of specified assessment procedures linked to the intervention programme
- The daily lesson structure of the intervention programme and underlying principles
- Effective teaching of reading and writing in response to analysis of assessments and lesson outcomes with a focus on accelerated learning and attainment
- Tailoring of learning programmes to address individual pupil learning needs to ensure accelerated progress
- Links to quality first teaching in relation to guided reading and writing
N.B. Gap tasks will be set for school implementation and outcomes discussed during the training days
Trainer: Jan Owens
Contact: email@example.com OR 07825 738486
1 teacher delegate: £450 + VAT per delegate
2 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 1 TA: £720 + VAT
3 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 2 TAs: £945 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 resource file per school including DVD of lesson exemplifications. If additional files are required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A booking will be for all three dates (14th, 21st and 28th September 2016)
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.