Write Away Together
Part 1: Thursday 18th November, 9am-12pm
Part 2: Thursday 25th November, 9am-12pm
A two half-day professional development online course to equip practitioners to implement a one to one group intervention to raise attainment in writing.
‘Write Away Together’ is a highly structured and evidence based one-to-one intervention programme for Y2 to Y6 pupils who are working below national expectations. The length of intervention is for a minimum of 10 weeks.
(it is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment)
Target Audience: English Subject Leaders, Writing Leads, SENCOs, Teachers and TAs
Trainer: Jan Owens (EY2P Associate)
This course will address:
- The implementation of a clear structure for writing support
- Improving writing by focusing on pupils’ word choices, sentence variations and text coherence
- Embedding strategies that will improve pupils’ independent writing
- The use of assessment to support precision teaching
- The development of the intervention as a basis for guided writing
Contact: Hayley Wynne – email@example.com OR 07935 352639
Single ticket: £195 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 training/resource file per school. If additional resources required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.