Raising Attainment in KS2 and KS3 Reading: `Inference Training`
A one day course to support teachers and teaching assistants to raise attainment in pupils` inferential comprehension within the classroom setting and through implementation as an intervention.
‘Inference Training’ is a research-based group intervention for KS2 and KS3 pupils with a focus on teaching reading comprehension delivered by teachers or teaching assistants. This intervention programme supports accelerated pupil progress by an average of 12 months progress in comprehension age (2/3 sub levels) over a period of 10 weeks.
This course will address:
- Raising attainment in reading for KS2 and KS3 pupils who have age appropriate decoding skills but who are experiencing difficulty acquiring full meaning and enjoyment from their reading
- Key characteristics of reading comprehension
- Explicit identification of individual pupil difficulties in comprehending texts
- How to deliver a structured approach to the teaching of Inference Intervention sessions
- Applying key principles of Inference Intervention to quality first teaching in the classroom context
- How to evaluate impact on data and effectiveness
Target audience: English Subject Leaders, SENCOs, KS2 and KS3 teachers and TAs (It is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment within your school)
Trainers: Jan Owens
- 1 teacher delegate: £170 + VAT
- 2 delegate places: i.e. 1 teacher and 1 TA: £260 + VAT
- 3 delegate places: i.e. 1 teacher and 2 TAs: £320 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 resource file per school including DVD of lesson exemplifications. If additional files are required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.