Raising Attainment in Reading
A two day course to support the development of a whole school approach to the teaching of reading.
This course will aim to address:
- Reading in the context of current national priorities and Ofsted Inspection Framework
- Developing a whole school approach to the teaching of reading
- Whole school procedures in assessing and tracking reading attainment
- Analysing and assessing pupils’ reading development to identify next steps in learning
- Effective guided reading to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment, including variations in lesson structures from EYFS to Y6
- Practical strategies to teach and develop pupils’ comprehension skills
- Individual and group intervention to enhance accelerated progress
- Provision for daily independent reading practise with clear learning outcomes
- Promoting a reading culture within the school community
- Maximising parental engagement
£210 plus VAT per delegate. A booking will be for both dates (18 and 25 January 2013).
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.