Write Away Together
A one day course to equip practitioners to implement a one to one group intervention to raise attainment in writing, as well as developing a skill base to support pupils’ general writing development from Y2 to Y6.
‘Write Away Together’ is a one-to-one intervention targeted at Y2 to Y6 pupils. The intervention lessons are delivered two times per week by teaching assistants for a minimum of 10 weeks. Each session lasts for 20-30 minutes and includes:
- Supporting pupils to develop key strategies for evaluating and improving their writing
- A focus on the key areas of grammar to ensure effective composition
- Ongoing assessment
Trainer: Jan Owens
This course will address:
- The implementation of a clear structure to support the improvement of pupils’ writing
- Assessment for learning, identifying key next steps to improve writing
- The key elements of grammar (i.e. text cohesion, word choice, sentence structure and punctuation) to support effective composition
- Guidance on implementing the programme as a small group intervention
- How key principles of the programme can support shared and guided writing
Please could all delegates bring examples of pupils’ independent writing to use as a focus for developing a Write Away Together intervention lesson
Contact: Jan Owens: email@example.com OR 07825 738 486
Target Audience: Teaching assistants, SENCOs and class teachers
(it is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment)
- 1 teacher delegate: £175 + VAT
- 2 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 1 TA: £270 + VAT
- 3 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 2 TAs: £345 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 training/resource file per school. If additional resources required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch will be provided
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.