A one day course to support teachers and teaching assistants to raise attainment in pupils’ writing.
‘Write Away Together’ is a one-to-one intervention targeted at Y1 to Y6 pupils. The intervention lessons are delivered twice per week by teaching assistants for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Trainer: Jan Owens
This course aims to provide:
- A clear structure to support the improvement of pupils’ writing
- Clarity around the partnership between the class teacher and TA
- Guidance on the use of Assessment for Learning (AfL) to improve writing
- Understanding of which text, sentence and word choices will be appropriate for extending pupil learning in the context of a particular writing task
- Links with shared and guided writing
Please could all delegates bring examples of pupils’ independent writing to use as a focus for developing a Write Away Together intervention lesson
Contact: Jan Owens: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07825 738 486
Target Audience: Teaching assistants, SENCOs and class teachers
(it is recommended a teacher accompanies TA delegates to ensure maximum impact on pupil attainment)
- 1 teacher delegate: £170 + VAT
- 2 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 1 TA: £260 + VAT
- 3 delegate places i.e. 1 teacher and 2 TAs: £320 + VAT
N.B. Price includes 1 resource file per school. If additional resources required please contact email@example.com
N.B. Please could all delegates bring a copy of their DRB check (or at least reference number and school identification), to ensure school safeguarding procedures are being followed.
Lunch will be provided
Road side parking available around the school
This event is fully booked.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.