Progression in Reception Writing
Repeated course due to popular demand
A full day course across two separate sessions:
Part 1 – 14th October 1-4pm
Part 2 – 21st October 1-4pm
This course will:
- Provide an overview of ‘expected’ writing outcomes across the reception year, term by term within the new EYFS Framework
- Explain the teaching requirements within writing provision, both adult-led and child-initiated
- Explore the teaching of writing through quality texts, within an effective ‘Teaching Sequence for Writing’
- Provide guidance on the moderation and analysis of practitioner ‘best-fit’ judgements using the Development Matters 2020, to ensure accuracy of data to inform precision teaching
- Discuss planning to address accelerated progress towards ‘diminishing the difference’ in pupil attainment
*NB: Delegates will receive a set of planning for three quality texts, one for each term
Audience: Reception practitioners, teachers and teaching assistants; English Leads
Here are some testimonials from delegates who have recently attended our online training:
- Inspirational, motivating and practical to implement. So often the practicalities are not considered in other training. Thank you!
- Just what I needed. As someone new to EYFS, this course provided much needed guidance and information regarding early writing.
- Yet another fantastic course! Really enjoyed it and can see how it will affect my teaching already!
- Really enjoyable course, very informative and lots of ideas to take back to school – very inspirational. Thank you!
- The ideas and thorough planning material were excellent as always with EY2P.
Hayley Wynne – email@example.com or 07935 352639
Ruth Levy – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07850 452626
Full day £150 + VAT per delegate
Bookings are closed for this event.
Please make sure to read our terms and conditions before booking an event.